Wall Street Journal: The CFO, Chief Supply Chain Officer and the Business of Supply (WSJ Custom Content)
Story originally appeared in the Wall Street Journal on June 19, 2020, produced in partnership with WSJ Custom Content. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit WSJ.com.
For most manufacturers, retailers and distributors, the performance of the supply network drives significant costs, impacting the performance of the business. Across the supply network, common themes have emerged, from the explosion of e-commerce to the need for real-time visibility, and ultimately a synchronized and resilient supply chain.
Achieving that synchronization with its customer base and resiliency, however, can be a challenge, requiring broad coordination throughout the organization. “In leading companies there’s a much tighter linkage between the financial plans and the operating plans than there had been in the past,” says Steve Mehltretter, lead Americas partner for Kearney’s strategic operations practice.
Understanding how successful companies get there means looking inside the modern C-suite.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations