TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
Story originally appeared in the TechTarget on the Jan. 27, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit TechTarget.com.
Managers need to appreciate the ways in which data shapes machine learning application development differently compared to customary application development. “Unlike traditional rule-based programming, machine learning consists of two parts that make up the final executable algorithm — the ML algorithm itself and the data to learn from,” explained Felix Wick, corporate vice president of data science at supply chain management platform provider Blue Yonder. “But raw data are often not ready to be used in ML models. So, data preparation is at the heart of ML.”
In The News
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
- TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
- Yahoo! News: Fight Inflation: Buy These 10 Items Now Before Prices Go Up
- Retail Today: 5 Trends Reshaping the Retail Landscape
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations