Retail TouchPoints: Ecommerce’s New Normal: A Digitalized Supply Chain
This contributed story originally appeared in Retail TouchPoints on Dec. 18 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit RetailTouchPoints.com.
Due to ongoing social distancing measures brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s anticipated that ecommerce will keep control of its increased share of the retail market over the next year. This means that the digitalization of the store will be crucial for retailers to successfully adapt to the “new normal.” But a thriving ecommerce business must begin with a strong foundation.
Retail supply chains have been thrust into the spotlight amid COVID-19, as many inefficiencies have been uncovered through major disruptions caused by the pandemic. A recent study from WMG, University of Warwick found that most retailers are not able to react to fluctuations in demand in real time, but they want to: A staggering 74% of respondents indicated they’d like to switch to prescriptive or autonomous technology in the next five years. This suggests technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) will see significant growth in the next few years.
In The News
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain