Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
Story originally appeared in the Retail Systems Research newsletter on the April 27, 2021. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit RSRResearch.com.
Last week, supply chain solution provider Blue Yonder simultaneously ended its annual ICON/DEVCON conference and announced its acquisition by Panasonic for $7+B. The acquisition put a final exclamation point on Panasonic’s mid-2020 purchase of 20% of Blue Yonder’s stock. But it also signaled to the supply chain world that Panasonic intends to be force that drives widescale adoption of the “digital twin” that will in turn enable autonomous supply chains.
The notion of a “digital twin” has been around for a long time now, and is an outgrowth of research related to artificial intelligence (or “AI”). Basically, the concept is this: any physical thing can have a digital equivalent, and data generated by that digital equivalent can be analyzed. Internet-of-Things (or “IoT”) technologies (that help create digital twins of physical things) and AI go hand in hand to help monitor, maintain, and optimize physical systems.
In The News
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
Public Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Manager