NUPCO Drives its Vision 2030 Goals to Deliver High-Quality, Affordable Medical Supplies with Blue Yonder
Saudi Arabian health care supply chain company digitizes demand and supply planning, inventory optimization and WMS capabilities with Blue Yonder
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia and SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Sept. 2, 2021 – To meet its Vision 2030, the National Company for the Unified Procurement of Medicines, Devices and Medical Supplies (NUPCO), a health care supply chain entity serving the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, successfully implemented several digital supply chain solutions within Blue Yonder’s Luminate™ Planning portfolio and Warehouse Management System (WMS).
Fully owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), NUPCO is the leading provider of medical procurement, storage, and distribution services for medicines, devices and medical supplies to 400 hospitals in the Kingdom. To achieve its Vision 2030, NUPCO is working with its hospitals and suppliers to advance toward supporting a new business model and new approach to health care, all through the power of integrated technology and connectivity. The company was looking to move from manual to digital planning processes and to utilize a single WMS to unify the operations of all its warehouses.
With Blue Yonder, NUPCO will now be able to:
- Provide low-touch statistical forecasts for all hospitals and increase collaboration with these customers.
- Offer long-term visibility into demand and inventory for planning purposes, increasing customer satisfaction.
- Improve collaboration between internal stakeholders to determine optimal demand and supply plans for hospital customers.
- Reduce wastage and working capital by deploying right-sized inventory.
- Standardize and templatize the WMS so it is easily scalable across all current and new warehouses, providing advanced business intelligence through reports and dashboards and automated end-to-end processes for consistently high service levels and optimized cost.
“We were seeking solutions that would allow us to provide the highest quality services to our hospital customers to in turn help them provide the best health care service in the Kingdom. Blue Yonder stood out as the one supply chain solutions provider who understood our needs and could provide these end-to-end capabilities on a single platform. Our customers will be able to gain visibility into inventory to better plan for demand to meet their objectives – in turn helping us meet our Vision 2030,” said Fahad M. AlButhi, chief operating officer, NUPCO.
With Blue Yonder, NUPCO now has planning solutions that can seamlessly connect to its warehousing system, offering confidence and better control of its entire supply chain, ensuring end-to-end visibility of products to right-size inventory and guaranteeing supplies are getting to the hospitals who need them to provide care. The WMS greatly simplifies the management of complex warehouse operations, provides real-time responsiveness against disruptions, and optimizes every move in its warehouses to improve throughput and agility.
“This is our first-ever deployment of Luminate Planning and WMS solutions in the Middle East. I am proud of the team that worked hard throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure NUPCO could realize its Vision 2030 goals of providing high quality, state-of-the-art medical supplies at affordable costs to its hospital customers. We are looking forward to continuing the relationship with NUPCO as they continue to seek out and implement additional solutions to meet their vision,” said Johan Reventberg, EMEA president, Blue Yonder.
- Learn more about Blue Yonder’s Luminate Planning solutions
- Learn more about Blue Yonder’s WMS
- Join NUPCO’s presentation “NUPCO delivers on its Digital Vision and High-Quality, Affordable Medical Supplies including C19 Relief” with Blue Yonder at the Gartner Supply Chain Symposium/Xpo 2021 on Sept. 13, 2021
About Blue Yonder
Blue Yonder is the world leader in digital supply chain and omni-channel commerce fulfillment. Our intelligent, end-to-end platform enables retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers to seamlessly predict, pivot and fulfill customer demand. With Blue Yonder, you can make more automated, profitable business decisions that deliver greater growth and re-imagined customer experiences. Blue Yonder – Fulfill your Potential™ blueyonder.com
“Blue Yonder” is a trademark or registered trademark of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “Blue Yonder” is a trademark and/or property of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the companies with which they are associated.
In The News
- Logistics Hall of Fame: Prof. Dr. Michael Feindt to Be Honoured as TRATON Logistics Leader Of The Year 2021
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
Public Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Manager