Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
This contributed story by Terence Leung, Senior Product Marketing Director with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Logistics Viewpoints on the May 27, 2021. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit LogisticsViewpoints.com.
Because warehousing and transportation represent significant cost centers, intelligent logistics decisions are critical. And, more than ever, these decisions have to be made on the fly, in real-time. As logistics managers grapple with their own challenges, including labor shortages and emerging commodity marketplaces, the logistics function has never been under more pressure to deliver.
Forget what you knew about logistics. Even before the emergence of COVID-19, next-day and same-day delivery promises from mega retailers, as well as new delivery models such as store pick-up, were driving increasing customer expectations — not just in retail, but in every industry. Every day, retailers and manufacturers are challenged to balance ambitious customer service promises with profit margin protection.
In The News
- Logistics Hall of Fame: Prof. Dr. Michael Feindt to Be Honoured as TRATON Logistics Leader Of The Year 2021
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
Public Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Manager