Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Forbes on May 26, 2021. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story Forbes.com.
When it comes to constructing software infrastructure, companies should avoid playing with independent Lego bricks. Instead, why not invest in a complete Lego castle?
As organizations’ data sets expand exponentially, their need to harness and channel such vast insights in the right direction is becoming more pronounced. The role of artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML) in this process is now vital as companies look to leverage historical data for future efficiencies and revenues.
However, the complexity of creating and building an AI system for this purpose is more complicated than many would like to believe. As data expands, businesses tend to resort to the idea of seeing their infrastructure as a game of Lego. As the infrastructure needs broadening, a new Lego brick can simply be added.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations