JDA Partners with Microsoft to Power Data-Driven Digital Transformations in the Cloud
JDA to build cognitive SaaS solutions on Microsoft Azure to deliver an intelligent, Autonomous Supply Chain to customers
JDA Software, Inc., today announced a strategic partnership with Microsoft to enable JDA to build cognitive SaaS solutions on the market-leading Microsoft Azure cloud platform. This will, in turn, accelerate JDA’s vision to deliver an Autonomous Supply ChainTM through an infusion of advanced, intelligent cloud platform capabilities. This partnership further advances JDA’s innovation initiatives along with its recently announced definitive agreement to acquire Blue Yonder. Blue Yonder is a market leader in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) solutions for retail and supply chain. These announcements support JDA’s strategy to develop more cognitive and connected solutions to power digital transformations and create competitive advantage for its customers.
“JDA’s supply chain solutions provide a faster response to demand signals from consumers, cognitive insights, and intelligent decisions based on edge sensors. Microsoft Azure will fuel our ongoing SaaS momentum as JDA applications deliver seamless customer experiences across cloud, on-premise, and edge solutions,” said Girish Rishi, chief executive officer, JDA. “Our strategic partnership with Microsoft accelerates JDA ‘s mission as the supply chain platform company, enabling our broad ecosystem of joint partners and developers to further leverage our AI/ML-based solutions.”
Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, Microsoft Cloud + AI Group, Microsoft said, “Microsoft Azure is driving new levels of organizational productivity and intelligent data-driven experiences, making it the ideal platform to bring JDA’s vision of an Autonomous Supply Chain to life. The powerful combination of JDA’s proven applications with Azure will empower customers to take advantage of real-time insights for smarter business decisions and profitable business growth.”
Victoria Brown, research manager, IDC said, “This partnership between established, trusted providers, uniting cloud services via Microsoft Azure, and supply chain via JDA addresses a gap in the supply chain ecosystem as cloud becomes a prerequisite for enterprises today as they embark on their digital supply chain transformations. Cloud-based supply chain deployments account for only about 40 percent of deployments today, and this new, trusted partnership could send that on an upward trajectory quite quickly.”
JDA’s solutions optimize the entire supply chain from end to end – from supplier to factory, transportation network to warehouse, store to consumer – through its market-leading solutions offerings. JDA is the only company named a leader by Gartner across all five Magic Quadrants that cover supply chain and retail merchandising solutions. Joining forces with Microsoft for go-to-market and the development of forthcoming JDA SaaS solutions on the Azure platform will reap a number of immediate benefits to JDA’s more than 4,000 customers, including in the following key areas.
JDA to build cognitive, connected SaaS solutions on Azure
- This partnership accelerates JDA’s SaaS solutions roadmap including those next generation solutions built on JDA LuminateTM, JDA’s next generation cognitive, connected supply chain platform
- JDA’s customers will be able to tap into Microsoft’s large global footprint and global alliances network, while leveraging Azure’s large compliance portfolio, embedded security, enterprise-grade service level agreements, and industry-leading support.
JDA and Microsoft go to market together to digitally transform supply chain and retail operations
- The companies will join forces in the market to drive digital transformations across key verticals such as retail, manufacturing and logistics with their combined solution portfolios
- JDA’s leading supply chain and retail solutions highly complement Microsoft’s enterprise business application solutions and will now serve as the cornerstone to Microsoft’s supply chain practice offerings
JDA Luminate ControlTower TM is the first solution built on Azure
- JDA’s SaaS roadmap includes a first-of-its-kind digital control tower — JDA Luminate ControlTower – a virtual decision center that provides real-time, 24/7 end-to-end visibility into global supply chains that will serve as the nerve center of their operations and identify bottlenecks and propose resolutions before they occur
- Using Azure as the development platform for JDA Luminate ControlTower will accelerate JDA’s ability to deliver this key component of the autonomous supply chain.
- Read JDA’s blog on today’s announcement here
- Learn more about this announcement here
- Learn more about JDA Luminate here
About JDA Software, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading supply chain software provider powering today’s digital transformations. We help companies optimize delivery to customers by enabling them to predict and shape demand, fulfill faster and more intelligently, and improve customer experiences and loyalty. More than 4,000 global customers use our unmatched end-to-end software and SaaS solutions to unify and shorten their supply chains, increase speed of execution, and profitably deliver to their customers. Our world-class client roster includes 75 of the top 100 retailers, 77 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 8 of the top 10 global 3PLs. Running JDA, you can plan to deliver. blueyonder.com
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoint: Making the Connection: The Real-World Value of Logistics Digitalization
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
- TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
- Yahoo! News: Fight Inflation: Buy These 10 Items Now Before Prices Go Up
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations