Business Reporter: AI and data: How can retailers target the right customers, both through Covid-19 disruption and into the future?
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Business Reporter on July 8, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit Business-Reporter.co.uk.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused major disruption in the UK retail sector, with many shops being forced to close their stores or scale back their operations. In fact, every sector – even food and drink – reported an annual fall in sales, and outlets selling clothing and footwear, furniture and carpets and recreational goods were hit especially hard. Retailers therefore need to get back up to speed, and quickly, to ensure they can keep their head above water.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations