Story originally appeared in the Forbes on the June 1, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit Forbes.com.
Walgreens decided to implement a microservices solution from the Blue Yonder called Luminate Commerce to augment their existing solution. Blue Yonder told Walgreens they could get the advanced functionality needed implemented in 6 months. This would be a very fast implementation for this type of solution. So fast in fact, that Eric Orlosky, a senior supply chain manager at Walgreens, recalled he laughed when he heard the timeline. The pilot was implemented in 5 months. At the end of 7 months, they had implemented the solution across the chain of stores. Mr. Amend has high praise for the Blue Yonder team that supported them in their implementation.
In The News
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
- TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
- Yahoo! News: Fight Inflation: Buy These 10 Items Now Before Prices Go Up
- Retail Today: 5 Trends Reshaping the Retail Landscape
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations