Story originally appeared in the Forbes on the June 1, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit Forbes.com.
Walgreens decided to implement a microservices solution from the Blue Yonder called Luminate Commerce to augment their existing solution. Blue Yonder told Walgreens they could get the advanced functionality needed implemented in 6 months. This would be a very fast implementation for this type of solution. So fast in fact, that Eric Orlosky, a senior supply chain manager at Walgreens, recalled he laughed when he heard the timeline. The pilot was implemented in 5 months. At the end of 7 months, they had implemented the solution across the chain of stores. Mr. Amend has high praise for the Blue Yonder team that supported them in their implementation.
In The News
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
- Acceleration Economy: Snowflake Jumps on the Supply Chain Train
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations