Forbes: The Scientific Principle: How Sure Can You Be About The Future?
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Forbes on Jan. 14, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story Forbes.com.
How sure can we really be about the future? With artificial intelligence (AI), we can be more sure than ever before.
Data science has become a staple in many businesses’ operations and future-planning strategies in recent years. Underpinning these companies’ efforts is the role of AI and machine learning (ML) to better map the road ahead. In retail, this is no different, with a growing number of large organizations putting their faith in AI solutions that can help predict optimum inventory decisions — primarily for the avoidance of excess waste or running out of stock.
However, many decision-makers are still wary of the role that AI will play in their future supply chains. And the reason, more often than it should be, comes down to that word: science.
In The News
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
- TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
- Yahoo! News: Fight Inflation: Buy These 10 Items Now Before Prices Go Up
- Retail Today: 5 Trends Reshaping the Retail Landscape
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations