Forbes: The Scientific Principle: How Sure Can You Be About The Future?
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Forbes on Jan. 14, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story Forbes.com.
How sure can we really be about the future? With artificial intelligence (AI), we can be more sure than ever before.
Data science has become a staple in many businesses’ operations and future-planning strategies in recent years. Underpinning these companies’ efforts is the role of AI and machine learning (ML) to better map the road ahead. In retail, this is no different, with a growing number of large organizations putting their faith in AI solutions that can help predict optimum inventory decisions — primarily for the avoidance of excess waste or running out of stock.
However, many decision-makers are still wary of the role that AI will play in their future supply chains. And the reason, more often than it should be, comes down to that word: science.
In The News
- Solutions Review: The Technology Transforming the Supply Chain
- Chain Store Age: How retailers benefit from new federal supply chain actions
- The Economic Times: Accenture and Blue Yonder celebrate opening of collaboration centers
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Global Corporate Communications Senior Director
EMEA Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations