Forbes: A Horizontal Approach To Supply Chain Optimization
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Forbes on May 20, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story Forbes.com.
For artificial intelligence to truly impact retail, companies need to stop perceiving themselves as individual siloes in their supply chains. For true efficiency and long-term sustainability, it’s time to come together and strive for end-to-end optimization.
As retailers begin to adopt AI and machine learning, they’re realizing they can turn suboptimal guesswork into informed, data-driven decision-making off the back of their bespoke data.
However, there’s an addendum to this proposition. If a store is to make optimum decisions regarding stock levels and subsequent ordering trends, then those decisions must be deliverable. In order for them to be not just deliverable but efficient, that retailer’s supply chain must also be making those same data-driven, optimal decisions.
In The News
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
Public Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Manager