Logistics Viewpoints: Unified Logistics: A New Mindset for a New Era
This contributed story by Fabrizio Brasca, group vice president (GVP), global solutions with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Logistics Viewpoints on Oct. 29, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full article visit LogisticsViewpoints.com.
Even before the early months of 2020, we were already living in an unprecedented time. The shift in market power from the seller to consumer had firmly taken hold. Consumer fulfillment was no longer just a “retail” issue, as industry lines were being blurred and many product suppliers were driving direct-to-customer channels. Traditional retail was already focused on creating a seamless consumer experience across all aspects of the fulfillment process.
But the sudden emergence of COVID-19 ― and its continuing implications ― have added a new and extraordinary level of industry pressure that is reverberating across the entire customer chain.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations