Business Insider: Why it’s up to us to ensure AI fights discrimination, rather than drive it
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Business Insider on Nov. 19, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit BusinessInsider.com.
Whether in response to government legislation or a sense of moral duty, in recent years a growing number of businesses have sought to eliminate as much internal discrimination as they possibly can.
Human-made decisions tend to be inherently unfair; not setting out to be „right“ or to do „wrong,“ but still unfair. This happens because we live in a world where everything is not equal — it makes sense that data reflecting activity in this kind of environment will show bias.
In The News
- Solutions Review: The Technology Transforming the Supply Chain
- Chain Store Age: How retailers benefit from new federal supply chain actions
- The Economic Times: Accenture and Blue Yonder celebrate opening of collaboration centers
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Global Corporate Communications Senior Director
EMEA Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations