Ambuja and ACC Cement Digital Transformation with Blue Yonder
ACC Limited and Ambuja Cements Ltd., the two Indian units of LafargeHolcim, announced that they have chosen Blue Yonder®, the world’s leading, end-to-end, digital supply chain platform provider, for their supply chain transformation and digitalization. Both ACC and Ambuja Cement have implemented Blue Yonder Luminate Planning.
Luminate Planning will help the two leading cement manufacturers in India improve Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) with integrated planning and execution by gaining visibility into daily demand, production and dispatch plan to better predict demand fluctuation, scheduled maintenance, and improve logistics and transportation capabilities. With improved supply chain optimization, ACC and Ambuja Cement can better align the least cost service locations, reduce delivery costs and create a service network to meet and exceed customer service levels.
“We chose Blue Yonder as our partner for SCM digitalization because Luminate Planning will give us greater visibility into our combined supply chains,” said Rajeev Mehta, chief logistics officer, ACC and Ambuja Cement. “The objective of this project is to improve the customer experience and service levels, yet profitably grow by tapping into the synergies of our supply chains, thus maximizing capacity utilization and minimizing overall cost.”
The Blue Yonder LuminateTM Planning portfolio is a powerful set of solutions that continuously provides insights into a customer’s supply chain to allow for smarter, more actionable business decisions. Luminate Planning is built on Blue Yonder’s Luminate Platform, which is powered by Microsoft Azure and combines rich internal and external data from across a customer’s digital supply chain assets.
“As the leading cement companies in India, ACC and Ambuja Cement needed the ability to tap into their supply chains synergies,” said Vishal Dhawan, vice president, APAC sales, Blue Yonder. “With the end-to-end visibility afforded by Luminate Planning, the companies can better optimize their network and improve S&OP creating a more efficient supply chain.”
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations