Transsion Improves Supply Chain Planning Capabilities with Blue Yonder
Smart device manufacturer improved planning efficiency, enhanced planning accuracy, and optimized material consumption, material purchase and logistics costs with Blue Yonder
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Feb. 8, 2023 – Transsion Holdings (Transsion) has effectively addressed the ever-increasing complexity of its product, business model, supply network, and dynamic demand thanks to its successful implementation of Blue Yonder’s supply planning solution, part of Luminate® Planning.
Transsion focuses on providing customers with high-quality, multi-brand smart devices and mobile internet services in emerging markets. After years of expansion, Transsion has become a leading player in the mobile industries of global emerging markets. Transsion sold 197 million mobile phones globally in 2021. Prior to engaging with Blue Yonder, Transsion’s plants ran a separate planning process and procured material independently, which impacted Transsion’s efficiency of both planning work and material use.
Thanks to Blue Yonder, Transsion has:
- Established an intra-company supply network across various plants and warehouses based on optimized business processes to manage different scenarios of demand-supply pathways and plant distribution.
- Generated consensus procurement plans automatically and optimized material utilization.
- Produced plant-specific material plans according to production plans across different plants and supply network, centralizing procurement, and decentralizing distribution.
- Increased the efficiency and accuracy of supply chain planning, response speed to changes in demand and supply, and improved inventory turns.
This has resulted in:
- Increased inventory turns by approximately 10%,
- Improved material planning labor efficiency by approximately 70%, and
- Optimized product interplant transfer efficiency by approximately 80%.
“Transsion is a large multinational enterprise integrating R&D, production, marketing, and services, with the ultimate pursuit of efficiency. At the same time, the complexity of Transsion’s products, supply network and business model required high flexibility. Therefore, the company’s supply chain is faced with challenges, and there is an urgent need for excellent planning tools. After comprehensive and careful evaluation, we chose Blue Yonder’s supply planning solution to be at the center of our transformation,” said Jiangshui Liu, supply chain planning management director, Transsion. “After successfully launching two core planning capabilities, we saw improvement in the efficiency and quality of our material planning. On this basis, we will launch more digital planning capabilities in the future, and finally form a perfect and efficient digital intelligent planning system to achieve the ultimate planning efficiency.”
Blue Yonder’s supply planning solution provides Transsion with a holistic and connected view of its supply chain planning processes. In addition, Transsion can balance global objectives for demand satisfaction, collaborate on planning scenarios in situations of material shortage, and use prescriptive recommendations to make accurate and faster decisions throughout the manufacturing and distribution network. This enables its supply chain operations to minimize stock-outs and maximize inventory turns, ultimately improving the customer experience.
“The biggest benefit that Transsion has been able to see from using our Blue Yonder supply planning solution has been the ability to share materials across plants, increasing the efficiency of material utilization. In addition, Transsion has been able to automatically allocate and substitute material – something they had to do manually previously – reducing errors and improving operational efficiency and inventory turns. We are proud to have supported Transsion in their transformation and look forward to continuing our work into the future,” said Antonio Boccalandro, president, APAC/LATAM, Blue Yonder.
- Learn more about Blue Yonder’s supply planning solution, part of Luminate Planning
Transsion is committed to becoming the most popular provider of smart devices and mobile services for consumers in global emerging markets. The company is best known for its high-quality, multi-brand smart devices. Mobile phones are its core products, while it also offers mobile internet services based on a self-developed operating system.
About Blue Yonder
Blue Yonder is the world leader in digital supply chain transformations and omni-channel commerce fulfillment. Our end-to-end, cognitive business platform enables retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers to best fulfill customer demand from planning through delivery. With Blue Yonder, you’ll unify your data, supply chain and retail commerce operations to unlock new business opportunities and drive automation, control and orchestration to enable more profitable, sustainable business decisions. Blue Yonder – Fulfill your Potential™ blueyonder.com
“Blue Yonder” is a trademark or registered trademark of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “Blue Yonder” is a trademark and/or property of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the companies with which they are associated.
In The News
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoint: Making the Connection: The Real-World Value of Logistics Digitalization
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations