Stopping any “Siloes” – Shoppers Stop Unifies Inventory View Across its Warehouses with JDA
Leading Indian fashion retailer deploys JDA Warehouse Management for more efficient warehouse operations, to increase order accuracy and to enable varied fulfillment strategies by channel
JDA Software Group, Inc., today announced that leading Indian fashion retailer Shoppers Stop has successfully implemented JDA® Warehouse Management across four warehouses in order to help it achieve its omni-channel vision. With warehouses in Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata and Delhi, Shoppers Stop now has a powerful warehousing solution that meets the current and future demands of the competitive and varied distribution environment in which it operates.
India’s leading fashion retailer with 80 stores across India as well as an online shopping store, Shoppers Stop is a one-stop shop for fashionable products across multiple categories such as apparel, beauty, fragrances, footwear, personal accessories such as watches, sunglasses, handbags, wallets and belts, kids wear, toys, home decor and much more. The company’s vision is to be an inspirational and trusted brand, transforming customers’ lives through fashion and a delightful shopping experience every time.
Shoppers Stop sought an integrated, optimized and feature-rich warehouse management system (WMS) to help it achieve its omni-channel vision through which it aims to achieve 20 percent digitally-influenced sales by 2020. They selected JDA Warehouse Management given its scalability, efficient processing and flow-through distribution capabilities it needed to meet the demands of the highly competitive retail environment. Working with JDA Consulting Services on the deployment, Shoppers Stop now has an integrated solution with already-deployed JDA Merchandise Management as well as its own order management system. This allows Shoppers Stop to leverage automatic allocation for faster outbound processing and delivery.
“JDA has been a long-standing partner in our retail journey. We believe that the new JDA Warehouse Management solution will play a pivotal role in increasing our operational efficiency in line with our aggressive business growth and omni-channel vision,” said Mr. Govind Shrikhande, Customer Care Associate & Managing Director, Shoppers Stop Ltd. “With a one-view of inventory, we will be able to further enhance our customers’ shopping experience.”
Since deploying JDA Warehouse Management in January, Shoppers Stop has already realized a number of benefits, including:
- Enhanced system reliability with minimal impact to daily operations
- Reduced warehouse operating costs, and enhanced system functionality along with a common business process to roll out to future warehouses
- 24×7 warehousing operations with the aim of reducing the store replenishment cycle time by half
- 100% systemized putaway has ensured a 30% increase in order picking accuracy while also leading to an overall inventory accuracy.
- Enabled two different fulfilment strategies (for online customer and store orders) from the same warehouse and solution
“We are pleased with the successful deployment of JDA Warehouse Management at Shoppers Stop to support its omni-channel vision, and enable them to not only improve productivity and inventory levels, but also adapt to supply chain changes, with the flexibility and visibility into warehouse operations it needs to succeed,” said Vishal Dhawan, VP – Sales, ASEAN & India, JDA. “Shoppers Stop has already achieved impressive results at the outset of its deployment, and will continue to see reductions in its fulfillment costs and inventory levels while gaining improved inventory accuracy, all contributing to its profitability and customer satisfaction levels.”
- JDA Named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems, read more here
- Watch this Future Webinar Series: Top Warehouse Management Trends for the Next Decade and read this Future Series whitepaper: Top Warehouse Trends for the Decade Ahead
- Read up on the new features within JDA Warehouse Management here.
- Check out our video: ‘Warehousing Made Easy.’
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 73 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver. blueyonder.com
JDA press releases: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=press
JDA news: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=news
JDA events: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=events
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software Group, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
- Acceleration Economy: Snowflake Jumps on the Supply Chain Train
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations