Retail TouchPoints: 22% of Consumers Grocery Shopping for Holidays Will Use Delivery Services
Story originally appeared in Retail TouchPoints on Oct. 27, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit RetailTouchPoints.com.
More than one in five (22%) of consumers who will be shopping for turkey, ham and other traditional holiday dishes will use a delivery service this year. That’s more than 3X the 7% who indicated they would use a delivery service in a 2018 survey, and it’s another indication of how online grocery shopping has become part of more consumers’ lives due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A little more than half (52%) of consumers plan to host and shop for a holiday celebration this season, according to a survey of more than 1,000 U.S. consumers from Blue Yonder. That’s down from 76% of respondents who did so in 2019. Among those shopping for holiday celebrations, 44% expect to host medium-sized gatherings with six to 10 guests.
Discover more about holiday shopping plans in this infographic from Blue Yonder.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations