Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
This contributed story by Terence Leung, Senior Marketing Director with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Logistics Viewpoints on March 31, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story LogisticsViewpoints.com.
Already upended for two years by the COVID-19 pandemic, the worldwide logistics industry is facing new challenges.
With gasoline prices reaching record highs, transportation managers must make smarter decisions that minimize road miles and associated costs. While demand is high, ongoing product shortages continue to cause supply chain disruptions, create unpredictable shopping behaviors and drive rapid delivery expectations. The industry’s well-documented labor shortages are not ending anytime soon. The energy crisis in China and the European conflict are bringing additional chaos in the form of production shutdowns, raw material shortages and blocked shipping lanes.
In The News
- Acceleration Economy: Snowflake Jumps on the Supply Chain Train
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations