JDA Delivers Transformational Assortment Optimization — Powered by dunnhumby
New assortment optimization solution is the first and only data science-based customer-centric assortment management tool
As the first deliverable out of its partnership with dunnhumby, JDA Software Group, Inc., today announced the availability of JDA Assortment Optimization – Powered by dunnhumby, the industry’s first space-aware assortment optimization solution incorporating data science. dunnhumby is a leading customer data science company that analyzes data and applies insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalized customer experiences in digital, mobile and retail environments.
This first-to-market solution combines dunnhumby’s unique customer data science analytics with JDA’s leading category management capabilities for a first-of-its-kind offering that will enable retailers to increase customer loyalty, return on inventory and space, and deliver a superior customer experience. This solution is part of JDA’s next-generation solutions being built as part of its JDA NEXT product strategy, which includes solutions that leverage edge technologies such as advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, machine learning and SaaS.
“With new products constantly hitting the market, retailers are challenged to satisfy and retain shoppers with shifts in in-store layouts, an ideal mix of new products, best sellers and private labels within limited shelf space. Combine that with securing maximum market share with fewer stock-outs and narrow profit margins and it is a significant challenge,” said Kent Ruesink, senior director, product management, JDA. “With this new solution from JDA and dunnhumby, we are unlocking crucial insights into shopper behaviors like never before, enabling retailers to deliver true shopper-centric merchandising plans with localized assortments, offers, and space plans built to drive further automation, sales and profitable growth.”
Today’s customer-centric environment requires a solid category strategy combined with tailored assortments that address localization, consumer preferences, loyalty, lifestyles and purchasing behavior. JDA Assortment Optimization – Powered by dunnhumby delivers intelligent assortments that are truly space aware, leveraging unmatched flexibility to meet a wide variety of business scenarios at any level of product hierarchies.
JDA Assortment Optimization – Powered by dunnhumby prescriptively generates assortment recommendations – using the best performing products based on sales and customer-based insights – to ensure coverage of customer needs while also optimizing available shelf space. Combining dunnhumby’s industry leading science-driven insights and channel-level assortments with space-aware capabilities, retailers and trading partners can make better, more impactful category decisions that result in superior customer experiences. Plus, assortment collaboration is made easier with JDA Open Access, enabling internal stakeholders and trading partners to review scorecard measures through a web interface when creating assortments. Stores can also review and provide feedback to proposed assortment plans to better align merchandise with local preferences and demand.
JDA provides the most comprehensive assortment solution requirements of retailers and trading partners that is unmatched by any other solution provider. JDA’s Category Management portfolio provides end-to-end category management capabilities delivering sales growth through collaboration and planning, empowered with consumer insights and advanced automation.
“The future of assortment management leverages customer data analytics to identify the specific attributes or characteristics that will drive local preferences and shape demand, and we’re excited to be the first to bring such a solution to market,” continued Ruesink.
JDA Assortment Optimization – Powered by dunnhumby capabilities include:
- A repeatable assortment process that saves time and enables flexibility: dunnhumby’s customer data science analytics drive prescriptive product rankings using substitution algorithms and customer metrics, resulting in more efficient, space-aware assortments. By capturing and analyzing accurate, timely information, retailers can confirm that its market cluster and store-specific shelf sets include the ideal product mix that meets customer demand while increasing category sales.
- In-depth category analysis via flexible, easy-to-use visualization, tracking and reporting tools: A powerful graphics engine visually presents analytics, greatly enhancing the decision-making process by revealing how the category performs down to the shelf level. This enables retailers and trading partners to better monitor category productivity for tangible volume and consumption growth and adjust shelf plans accordingly on the fly.
- Simplifies previously complex assortment selection process: This solution lets category managers easily analyze category and product performance and shopper data, generate customer decision trees and need states, and segment and select customer-centric assortments, leading to positive results nearly immediately.
- Collaboration with trading partners for a successful category plan: Category managers and trading partners can share research and collaborate on winning strategies that address everyone’s category goals. By jointly tackling essential questions like who shops the retailer or category, and how the category’s and retailer’s targets are aligned, the application supports objective analysis that leads to optimal master assortment lists.
“Our customer data science capabilities, combined with JDA’s assortment and planogram generation capabilities, will enable transformational category management capabilities,” said Dion Roberts, global capability managing director, dunnhumby. “While localized assortment planning has always been available, we provide the missing link to truly cognitive category management – and that is the shopper insight via data analytics, which will empower retailers and their partners to deliver a personalized customer experience at the shelf every time.”
- Access the solution sheet on JDA Assortment Optimization – powered by dunnhumby
- Read this solution sheet on how JDA and dunnhumby enable prescriptive, consumer-based insights
- Watch this video on the future of category management here
- Join JDA and dunnhumby at the NRF BIG SHOW 2018, January 14-16, 2018, in New York City
dunnhumby is a leading customer data science company. We analyze data and apply insights from nearly one billion shoppers across the globe to create personalized customer experiences in digital, mobile, and retail environments. Our strategic process, proprietary insights, and multichannel media capabilities build loyalty with customers to drive competitive advantage and sustained growth for clients. dunnhumby employs nearly 2,000 experts in offices throughout Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas and works with a prestigious group of companies including Whole Foods Market, Tesco, Monoprix, Raley’s, Meijer, Michael Kors, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble, and PepsiCo. Learn more at www.dunnhumby.com.
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 72 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver. blueyonder.com
JDA press releases: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=press
JDA news: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=news
JDA events: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=events
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software Group, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Blue Yonder Recognized as a Best Place to Work in the IT Sector in both Mexico and India by Great Places to Work
- Chain Store Age: How retailers benefit from new federal supply chain actions
- The Economic Times: Accenture and Blue Yonder celebrate opening of collaboration centers
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Global Corporate Communications Senior Director
EMEA Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations