Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
This contributed story by Terence Leung, Senior Marketing Director with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Logistics Viewpoints on Feb. 8, 2022. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story LogisticsViewpoints.com.
If 2020 and if 2021 proved anything, it’s that the omni-channel selling environment is here to stay. As physical stores opened, shut down and re-opened again, consumers became more flexible in the way they shop for, and purchase, just about every product. Consumers have gotten used to the convenience and ease of online shopping, home delivery, curbside pickup, buy online/pick up in-store and other alternatives to the traditional in-store shopping experience.
According to a recent article in Forbes, 48% of consumers today prefer a hybrid shopping model that combines online and in-store components. For example, they might browse products online, but visit a brick-and-mortar store to finalize their selection. This new behavior means that manufacturers and retailers need to anticipate consumer needs across channels with more accuracy than ever. They need to deliver the right product to the right location at the right time, flawlessly, to fulfill ever-more volatile demand patterns and shopping behaviors.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations