Strong Software Bookings Growth Highlights First Half 2017 Results for JDA
Bookings growth driven by customers investing in digital transformation to intelligently anticipate and fulfill customer expectations in today’s channel-less world
JDA Software Group, Inc., today announced it has closed the first half of 2017 with strong bookings momentum as it capitalizes on its position as the only provider uniquely capable of powering end-to-end digital transformations across supply chain planning, execution and delivery through any channel. JDA’s recent product innovations, combined with its 30+ year history of supply chain and retail industry leadership, enables customers to take advantage of the opportunities presented by the transformation affecting today’s retail, manufacturing, logistics and wholesale distribution industries.
During the first half of 2017, JDA signed 70 net-new customers across a variety of solution areas. Compared with the prior year, demand for software and subscription products grew 27 percent for the second quarter and 23 percent year to date, with broad strength across products, regions and customer industries. Product revenue (Software, subscription/SaaS) grew by 17 percent in the second quarter versus the prior year and 13 percent year to date. JDA’s subscription/SaaS offering continues to outpace software revenue growth, growing 70 percent in the second quarter and 64 percent year to date, reflecting the value customers derive from purchasing JDA solutions in a JDA hosted environment.
“As we look ahead at the second half of 2017, I am pleased to see such strong growth in demand for our market-leading software across all solution areas where we compete,” said Girish Rishi, chief executive officer, JDA. “We are taking advantage of the diagonal disruption affecting the supply chain and are continuing to build an unmatched roster of leading, brand name companies that are fulfilling the expectations of immediacy sought by today’s customers. Our cloud- and digitally-ready solutions portfolio, coupled with the new innovations our team is driving in JDA Labs that harness the power of advanced data, analytics and machine-learning, enables companies to streamline their supply chains, increase speed to market and create delightful customer experiences across all channels.”
Customer Growth Trajectory Driven by Consumer-led Digital Transformation Demands
JDA is poised to help customers leverage the latest in advanced analytics and machine learning to not only revitalize their supply chain processes, but to tap into the power of connected data and insights to serve their customers better and improve customer loyalty. Customers that selected or extended their footprint with JDA during the first half of 2017 include:
- APAC: Asian Paints, LBX Pharmacy Chain, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Prince Retail Holdings, Shoppers Stop
- EMEA: Admenta, Bearing Man Group, Boohoo.com UK Ltd, Bosch, British Steel Ltd., Channel Islands Co-operative Society Ltd., Europris, ICA Gruppen AB, Mahou Saint Miguel, Marks & Spencer plc, Momentum Group Services AB, Orizzonti Holding, Pepco, Pingo Doce (Jeronimo Martins Group), Renault, Röhlig-Grindrod (Pty) Ltd, Sab Miller, United Biscuits Ltd.
- North America: Blick Art Materials, Bridgestone Americas Inc., Century 21, The Children’s Place, Constellation Brands Canada, Del Monte Foods, Inc., Dollar General Corporation, FedEx, Fleet Wholesale Supply Inc., Furniture Outlets USA, Geodis Logistics, Henry Schein, Inc., McKesson Canada Corporation, Mercedes Benz USA, Michaels Stores, Michelin North America, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Nestle Purina PetCare Company, New Avon LLC, Nucor Corporation, The Paradies Shops, Polaris Industries, Ryder Integrated Logistics Inc., Schenker, Inc., Smart & Final, Talbots Inc., Toll Global Forwarding Holdings (USA) Inc., True Value Company, VF Services, LLC, The William Carter Company
- Latin America: AUSA, Bio Pappel, Corporación Capa de Ozono, Dicka Logistics, Distribuidora Tamex, Grupo Lamuño, Impa Doel, Laboratorio Hofarm S.A.C, Silos Tysa, Supermercados Peruanos
JDA Continues to Focus on Supply Chain Innovations
JDA remains focused on innovation, arming customers with the ability to more effectively serve high expectations in today’s modern and highly connected, digital marketplace.
As evidence, the company accelerated innovation in the first half of the year including:
- Introducing JDA Store Optimizer, which transforms previously disconnected data streams into optimized store associate assignments, ensuring inventory in the right place at the right time, decreasing stockouts and driving customer satisfaction. JDA Store Optimizer – based on Google Cloud Platform – is a key aspect of JDA’s vision for the store of the future, which allows retailers to deliver a unified shopping experience. JDA is working in collaboration with a partner ecosystem leveraging RFID, the Internet of Things (IoT) and wearable and voice technologies to extend the reach and functionality of JDA Store Optimizer. Successful pilots are already underway at a number of leading retailers using JDA Store Optimizer.
- New capabilities within JDA® Intelligent FulfillmentTM that iteratively optimize the end-to-end supply chain process, bringing in new intelligence streams that give visibility into capacity challenges, potential execution bottlenecks and real-world disruptions that impact the bottom line. The ability to make intelligent and profitable distribution decisions is critical to the success of today’s multidimensional, increasingly complex supply chains.
- Delivering on a new Digital Supply Chain Control tower concept as a crucial element of an advanced, end-to-end supply chain visibility strategy with key ecosystem partners.
- Partnering with dunnhumby, the world’s leading consumer science company, to combine deep customer insights with actionable merchandising strategies and decisions to address the increasingly customer-centric environment.
JDA Named Top Company to Work for and Associate Engagement at Record Levels
For the second year in a row, JDA was named a top company to work for by AzCentral, further cementing JDA’s commitment to associate engagement and satisfaction and commitment to its core values of Results, Relentless and Teamwork. JDA prides itself on driving commitment to learning and innovation across the organization, while fostering teamwork as a critical component to success. JDA’s engagement scores among its associates are at record highs, and average associate tenure is in the 10+ year range, best in class in for a major technology company.
JDA also continues to attract the best and brightest talent in the industry. In the first half of 2017, JDA added more than 150 new associates who were attracted by the culture, career and leadership development programs and associate-centric focus of the company.
JDA Continues to Improve Customer Experience and Names Sharon Mills as CCO
JDA also continues to focus on its customer-centric approach to enriching customers’ experiences via its Chief Customer Office. JDA recently announced that Sharon Mills has been named chief customer officer, assuming the role formerly held by Todd Johnson, who has been promoted to a senior leadership role in the company’s product organization. Mills has 19+ years’ experience at JDA and is responsible for leading the company’s customer experience, ensuring that JDA relentlessly delivers real results for customers while increasing brand satisfaction and loyalty. JDA’s net promoter scores are also at an all-time high, and the company recently convened its third annual Customer Advisory Board meeting, made up of strategic customers to JDA across its lines of business and geographies, at its JDA Labs offices in Montreal.
“On the heels of our Customer Advisory Board meeting, we’ve heard from supply chain leaders what their priorities, goals, and pain points are; and we are dedicated to delivering the innovation to meet those needs in the age of digitalization with our seamless solutions that quickly fulfill the expectations of today’s customers,” concluded Rishi.
- Visit JDA’s booth at the Gartner Supply Chain Executive Conference 2017 in London September 20 and hear from JDA customer Heineken at the event!
- Learn about the future of retail at the JDA Retail Reimagined road tour events in San Francisco on September 20 and New York City on October 12.
- Join us at SCM World Live Europe October 29-31 in Barcelona!
- Join JDA at JDA FocusConnect 2017 with keynote speakers including Heineken, LEGO and Google, November 13-15 in London. Register here.
- Download a free copy of the new JDA Digital Supply Chain For Dummies book here.
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading supply chain provider powering today’s digital transformation. We enable companies to improve their ability to plan, execute and deliver by better predicting and shaping demand, fulfilling more intelligently and quickly, and improving customer experiences and loyalty. More than 4,000 global customers use our unmatched end-to-end solutions portfolio to shorten their supply chains, increase speed of execution and profitably deliver to their customers. Our world-class client roster includes 73 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. Running JDA, you can plan to deliver. blueyonder.com
JDA press releases: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=press
JDA news: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=news
JDA events: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=events
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software Group, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Blue Yonder Recognized as a Best Place to Work in the IT Sector in both Mexico and India by Great Places to Work
- Chain Store Age: How retailers benefit from new federal supply chain actions
- The Economic Times: Accenture and Blue Yonder celebrate opening of collaboration centers
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Global Corporate Communications Senior Director
EMEA Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations