Panasonic Connect and Blue Yonder Present Shared Vision of the Connected Store and Supply Chain Powered Commerce at EuroShop 2023
Düsseldorf (DE), 21st February 2023 – Retailers need real-time data and intelligent insights to quickly adapt and fulfil at accelerated speed, especially as consumer shopping habits continue to transform both online and in stores. At EuroShop 2023 from February 26th – March 2nd in Düsseldorf, Germany, Panasonic Connect and Blue Yonder will showcase their shared vision of the Connected Store and Supply Chain Powered Commerce – powering seamless global commerce through connected, customer-centric supply chains.
Visitors to the joint booth (#6D19, Hall 6) can expect a strong alliance of edge technologies, artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML), and cloud applications driving sustainable digitalisation of commerce channels – whether online or in-stores – all over Europe. Booth visitors can test and try more than 10 live scenarios combining the latest hardware and software technologies.
“As shopper behaviour evolves, Blue Yonder is focused on helping retailers unify the many complex shopper journeys – across all channels at any time. At EuroShop, retailers can learn how we are helping our customers deliver seamless global commerce via connected commerce, curated products and optimised operations,” said Gaël Ramaen, Corporate Vice President for Retail EMEA, Blue Yonder.
“In addition to software needs, retailers should be looking at Edge technologies to complement their commerce capabilities. Edge technologies benefit both the customers and frontline workers, making the in-store experience seamless. Whether for fresh food or buy-online-pickup-in-store lockers, Panasonic Connect’s Edge technologies bring the right experience to the store and beyond,” said Shawn Aoki, Chief Transformation Officer, Panasonic Connect Europe.
Smart, Connected Stores and Commerce Experiences
Panasonic Connect and Blue Yonder address the technological challenges facing the retail industry. This includes optimised in-store processes for creating and managing lifecycle pricing, cutting-edge Commerce and Order Management (OMS) microservice solutions, electronic shelf labels that benefit both the customer and frontline worker, and the latest in grocery order fulfilment including intelligent fresh locker systems.
Panasonic Connect and Blue Yonder will showcase their joint innovative capabilities at their EuroShop booth with several live demos:
- TOUGHBOOK: At the booth visitors can test the newest Panasonic Connect TOUGHBOOK models in combination with interesting applications and value adding, customised accessories dedicated to make jobs of warehouse and retail store workforces easier. Rugged mobile computing devices (notebooks, tablets and handhelds) improve the productivity of professionals in demanding environments: TOUGHBOOK sets the industry standard for ruggedised devices that are customisable for the needs of your mobile workers. Proven to operate in extreme environments, so the weather, dirt, dust, and drops never become a problem for your mobile teams.
- Commerce and OMS Microservice Solutions: Trying to resolve today’s complex retail challenges is more difficult if retailers focus on siloed capabilities. Delivering a connected commerce experience from browse to fulfilment requires an optimised customer offer of localised assortment, cognitive inventory management and demand-aware pricing, delivered via an optimised operations network designed to lower the cost to serve. Blue Yonder’s Commerce and Order Management (OMS) microservice solutions redefine how commerce happens – delivering meaningful customer experiences and removing lengthy upgrades and technical obstacles that get in the way of business transformation.
- Electronic Shelf Labels: Booth visitors can see some of the newest applications for Panasonic Connect’s electronic shelf labels and how retailers not only ensure price updates in a blink, but also connect to customers at the shelf. This ability also removes this mundane job off daily task list allowing frontline workers to focus on the customer and in-store experience. With offices all over Europe, Panasonic Connect is a leading installation and service partner for electronic shelf labels and will present its improved and extended service offering at the EuroShop 2023.
- Pricing: Determining the right price is key for retailers – especially in today’s world of unpredictable demand, crushing speed of market changes and unmanageable amounts of data. Retailers need the ability to use automated insights to understand what factors influence customer demand, as well as how to use that data to determine their pricing strategies. Blue Yonder’s Luminate Pricing Lifecycle, powered by AI/ML, understands the influencing factors and makes optimal pricing decisions across the product lifecycle.
- Temperature-Sensitive Smart Lockers: These lockers are ideal for heated food deliveries or chilled and frozen groceries and completely integrable as pick & collect solution to your commerce solution or app.
Be sure to visit Panasonic Connect and Blue Yonder at EuroShop 2023 in Hall 6, Booth 6D19 to learn more.
About Blue Yonder
Blue Yonder is the world leader in digital supply chain transformations and omni-channel commerce fulfillment. Our end-to-end, cognitive business platform enables retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers to best fulfill customer demand from planning through delivery. With Blue Yonder, you’ll unify your data, supply chain and retail commerce operations to unlock new business opportunities and drive automation, control and orchestration to enable more profitable, sustainable business decisions. Blue Yonder – Fulfill your Potential™
“Blue Yonder” is a trademark or registered trademark of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “Blue Yonder” is a trademark and/or property of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. All other company and product names
may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the companies with which they are associated.
About the Panasonic Group
A global leader in developing innovative technologies and solutions for wide-ranging applications in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, industry, communications, and energy sectors worldwide, the Panasonic Group switched to an operating company system
on April 1, 2022, with Panasonic Holdings Corporation serving as a holding company and eight companies positioned under its umbrella. Founded in 1918, the Group is committed to enhancing the well-being of people and society and conducts its businesses based on founding principles applied to generate new value and offer sustainable solutions for today’s world. The Group reported consolidated net sales of Euro 56.40 billion (7,388.8 billion yen) for the year ended March 31, 2022. Devoted to improving the wellbeing of people, the Panasonic Group is united in providing superior products and services to help you Live Your Best. To learn more about the Panasonic Group, please visit: https://holdings.panasonic/global/
About Panasonic Connect Europe GmbH
Panasonic Connect Europe began operations on October 1st, 2021, creating a new Business-to-Business focused and agile organisation. With more than 400 employees and led by CEO Hiroyuki Nishiuma, the business aims to contribute to the success of its customers with innovative products and integrated systems and services – all designed to deliver its vision to Change Work, Advance Society and Connect to Tomorrow.
Panasonic Connect Europe is headquartered in Wiesbaden and consists of the following business divisions:
- The Mobile Solutions Business Division helps mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets and handhelds.
- The Media Entertainment Business Division incorporating Visual System Solutions offers a range of high brightness and reliable projectors as well as high quality displays; and Broadcast & ProAV offers Smart Live Production solutions from an end-to-end portfolio consisting of PTZ and system cameras, camcorders, the Kairos IT/IP platform, switchers and robotic solutions that are widely used for live event capture, sports production, television, and xR studios.
- Business and Industry Solutions delivers tailored technology solutions focused on Retail, Logistics and Manufacturing, using its unique Gemba Process Innovation approach. Its purpose is to increase operational efficiency and enhance customer experience, helping businesses to perform at their best, every day.
- Panasonic Factory Solutions Europe is helping to make smart factories a reality with its wide range of automated solutions including electronics manufacturing solutions, robot and welding systems and software solutions engineering.
For more information please visit: https://eu.connect.panasonic.com
Please visit Panasonic Connect Europe’s LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/panasonic-connect-europe/
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations