Distell ‘Dispenses’ its Supply Chain Transformation with Blue Yonder
Distell, one of South Africa and Africa’s leading producer and marketer of alcoholic beverages sold across the world, has selected Blue Yonder to power its supply chain digital transformation.
The company which produces and markets a diverse portfolio of award-winning alcoholic brands which include, Amarula, Savanna, Hunter’s Dry, Durbanville Hills and Nederburg, has selected several Luminate Planning solutions, including demand planning, sales & operations planning, supply planning and replenishment – all powered by Blue Yonder’s LuminateTM Platform.
Distell, which operates in eight locations across the globe, is in the process of transforming its integrated business planning process. A key component of this transformation is the need to evolve to a SaaS- and cloud-based supply chain solution – ensuring that the company’s supply chain practices are efficient, agile and protect the environment, while meeting its customers’ requirements.
Blue Yonder will help Distell carefully manage its supply chain to deliver reliably, responsibly and sustainably – and at the highest quality. Distell will use Luminate Planning solutions to intelligently predict potential problems and opportunities, offer machine learning (ML)-based recommendations for action, and pivot production, inventory, and labor plans to minimize risk and deliver with confidence to ensure that products get to the people who need them.
“We chose Blue Yonder because we were looking for the right partner to join us on our transformational journey,” said Kershen Pillay, Distell Corporate Services Director. “Blue Yonder showed us that they are committed to this partnership through their ability to implement and provide a managed service offering with best-in-class solutions.”
Blue Yonder’s Luminate Platform provides synchronized business planning, execution, delivery and labor solutions that optimize a customer’s business and people from end-to-end. Luminate Platform leverages industry-leading AI/ML capabilities to help customers better predict and prevent disruptions across the supply chain.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations