Blue Yonder Named a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems
Gartner recently released the 2020 Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) report1 (May 6, 2020), and Blue Yonder has again been named a Leader in the report.
Multiple subcomponents make up comprehensive WMS solutions. To determine this year’s Magic Quadrant Leaders, per our understanding, Gartner analysts evaluated vendor’s offering capabilities such as receiving, put-away, stock locating, inventory management, cycle counting, task interleaving, wave planning, order allocation, order picking, replenishment, packing, shipping, mobility, labor management and automated materials handling equipment (MHE) interfaces and more.
Blue Yonder has been named a Leader in every Gartner Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems published since 2012 (recognitions were in the post-JDA/RedPrairie acquisition timeframe announced in 2012). Blue Yonder is proud to once again be recognized for strength in its Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision. Blue Yonder was positioned among a total of six vendors in the Leaders quadrant.
According to the 2020 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Warehouse Management Systems report1 (Aug. 19, 2020), Blue Yonder scored among the highest two in the Level 3 (4.01/5) and Level 4 (3.89/5) Warehouse Operation Use Cases and among the highest four in Level 5 Warehouse Operation Use Case, which we believe represents those where systems capabilities materially influence labor spend and service level attainment.
Blue Yonder’ s Differentiator: Luminate Platform
We believe, Blue Yonder offers a platform of innovative SCM solutions that meet the needs of the ever-evolving market, environment and customers. New capabilities continue to be developed to provide customers with the tools they need to thrive, especially when faced with change and challenge.
As we continue to innovate and extend our warehouse management capabilities now and into the future, we remain committed to our Luminate Platform strategy by growing our ecosystem of developers and partners.
Some key areas of focus related to the Luminate Platform strategy for warehousing include:
- Powered by Microsoft Azure, the Luminate Platform combines rich internal and external data from across a customer’s digital supply chain assets to allow for smarter, more actionable artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)-based business decisions.
- The platform recognizes and responds to upstream demand and IoT-based signals and insights to orchestrate fulfillment activities to improve operational efficiency and service level attainment.
- A development platform and approach to accelerate innovation of SaaS native services to extend existing capabilities with the intelligence available throughout the digital ecosystem.
- A single portal to a comprehensive view of the end-to-end supply chain, with visibility, insights, and disruption remediation recommendations provided through Luminate Control Tower at the center of our platform ecosystem.
- Safe extensibility and integration through our API gateway and mobile platforms allow Blue Yonder’s customers to adapt to changes without disruptive upgrades, while also embracing third-party extensions to the warehousing solution.
- Developing new microservices, such as warehouse tasking, that can be quickly deployed on Microsoft Azure to provide our customers faster time to value.
To learn more, please visit Blue Yonder.
1Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Warehouse Management Systems, Simon Tunstall, Dwight Klappich, 6 May 2020*; Critical Capabilities for Warehouse Management Systems, Dwight Klappich, Simon Tunstall, 19 August 2020. To view these reports visit: now.blueyonder.com/Gartner-Magic-Quadrants
*Blue Yonder was previously listed as JDA because the company rebranded in early 2020.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Blue Yonder.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
In The News
- Blue Yonder Recognized as a Best Place to Work in the IT Sector in both Mexico and India by Great Places to Work
- Chain Store Age: How retailers benefit from new federal supply chain actions
- The Economic Times: Accenture and Blue Yonder celebrate opening of collaboration centers
- Fortune: It’s time to unshackle our supply chains
- Unite.AI: The Role of Generative AI in Supply Chains
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Global Corporate Communications Senior Director
EMEA Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations