Blue Yonder Named a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems
Gartner recently released the Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems (TMS) report1 (March 25, 2020), and Blue Yonder has again been named a Leader in the TMS market.
Multiple subcomponents make up comprehensive multimodal TMS solutions. To determine this year’s leaders, Gartner analysts evaluated vendor’s offerings considering capabilities such as rate and contract management, operational planning, execution, freight settlement and transportation analytics.
As a leader for 9 years running in the Magic Quadrant for TMS, Blue Yonder is proud to once again be positioned as a Leader with the furthest position on the completeness of vision axis.* Blue Yonder was positioned among a total of four vendors in the Leaders quadrant.
In addition, according to the Gartner Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems report1 also released recently (March 25, 2020), Blue Yonder received the highest ranking for the Level 2 and Level 4 use cases.
Blue Yonder’s Differentiator: Luminate Platform
Blue Yonder offers a platform of innovative SCM solutions that meet the needs of the ever-evolving market, environment and customers. New capabilities continue to be developed to provide customers with the tools they need to thrive, especially when faced with change and challenge.
As we continue to innovate and extend our transportation management capabilities now and into the future, we remain committed to our Luminate Platform strategy by growing our ecosystem of developers and partners, including multiple carrier networks and IoT providers.
Some key areas of focus related to the Luminate Platform strategy for transportation include:
- Expanding our carrier capacity marketplace as a service. As a result, customers can leverage new capabilities when optimizing common carriers and fleets.
- Connecting transportation management with other Blue Yonder capabilities, including warehouse management and Luminate Control Tower (LCT). Blue Yonder’s LCT provides end-to-end, real-time supply chain visibility with built in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Developing new micro services, such as modeling and load building, that can be quickly deployed on Microsoft Azure to provide our customers faster time to value.
To learn more, please contact Blue Yonder.
1Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Transportation Management Systems, Bart De Muynck, Brock Johns, Oscar Sanchez Duran, 25 March 2020; Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems, Bart De Muynck, Brock Johns, Oscar Sanchez Duran, 25 March 2020. *Blue Yonder was previously listed as JDA because the company rebranded in early 2020.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Blue Yonder.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
In The News
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities Warehouse Management Systems
- Gartner® Critical Capabilities for Transportation Management Systems
- Gartner®: How to Digitize and Optimize Transportation Procurement Using Technology
- Gartner: Market Guide for Retail Assortment Management Applications Short Life Cycle Products, 2022
- Gartner®: Market Guide for Retail Distributed Order Management Systems, 2022
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations