Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
With the LCT, we can now predict and plan warehouse capacity and efficiencies up to three months in advance, giving teams the time to manage common challenges like port congestion. And we have reduced our spend on air freight, a costly remedy for shipping delays, by almost 90% this year.
The visibility the LCT delivers has allowed us to proactively respond to the changing logistics environment, anticipate potential delays, alert markets and customers, and take fast remedial action – even in the most challenging situations. This was particularly evident during the Suez Canal obstruction in 2021, which disrupted worldwide shipping. Using the LCT, we were able to rapidly identify the markets and customers that would be impacted by both the immediate backlog of vessels and the broader disruption in shipping, which lasted for many months. As a result, our colleagues and customers were able to act swiftly to manage the disruption. Previously, it would have taken weeks to identify and notify markets of the impact of an issue of this scale.
In The News
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoint: Making the Connection: The Real-World Value of Logistics Digitalization
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations