Business Reporter: AI and data: How can retailers target the right customers, both through Covid-19 disruption and into the future?
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Business Reporter on July 8, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit Business-Reporter.co.uk.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused major disruption in the UK retail sector, with many shops being forced to close their stores or scale back their operations. In fact, every sector – even food and drink – reported an annual fall in sales, and outlets selling clothing and footwear, furniture and carpets and recreational goods were hit especially hard. Retailers therefore need to get back up to speed, and quickly, to ensure they can keep their head above water.
In The News
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoint: Making the Connection: The Real-World Value of Logistics Digitalization
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations