Business Reporter: AI and data: How can retailers target the right customers, both through Covid-19 disruption and into the future?
This contributed story by Dr. Michael Feindt, strategic advisor with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Business Reporter on July 8, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit Business-Reporter.co.uk.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused major disruption in the UK retail sector, with many shops being forced to close their stores or scale back their operations. In fact, every sector – even food and drink – reported an annual fall in sales, and outlets selling clothing and footwear, furniture and carpets and recreational goods were hit especially hard. Retailers therefore need to get back up to speed, and quickly, to ensure they can keep their head above water.
In The News
- Acceleration Economy: Snowflake Jumps on the Supply Chain Train
- Forbes: GXO Direct To Rely On Machine Learning To Drive Labor Efficiencies
- Journal of Supply Chain Management, Logistics and Procurement: How Bayer Crop Science Grows Logistics Excellence Via Digitalisation
- Forbes: Micron Is an Exemplar of What a Supply Chain Transformation Should Look Like
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Vice President, Global Analyst Relations