Super San Francisco de Asís Successfully Streamlines Planning and Delivery with JDA
Mexican Supermarket Chain transforms planning processes with JDA Demand, JDA Fulfillment and JDA Strategic Pricing
Shifting consumer habits and tastes, along with customers’ evolving expectations of the retail experience have made intelligent and profitable distribution decisions both complicated to make and critical to business success in today’s unified commerce world. That’s why Super San Francisco de Asís SA de CV, a leading regional supermarket in the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico selected JDA Software, Inc. solutions to optimize its planning and delivery processes.
With over 35 years in the market, Grupo San Francisco de Asís, which consists of Super San Francisco de Asís, Akí, Akí Gran Mayoreo and Farmacias Fama, operates around 100 stores in the Mexican states of Yucatan, Quintana Roo and Campeche. With a focus on groceries, household products and some white goods, Super San Francisco de Asís is committed to maintaining its leadership in the south of the country and is focused on meeting the needs of its customers through technology innovation.
San Francisco de Asís recognized a need to improve its omni-channel shopping experience and selected JDA® Demand, JDA® Fulfillment and JDA® Strategic Pricing to streamline its demand and replenishment processes. In a year, San Francisco de Asís and JDA were able to deploy a robust demand and fulfillment footprint allowing San Francisco de Asís to respond more quickly to price changes based on competitive offerings, define an optimal replenishment plan, accurately distribute inventory, better manage its category strategies and improve its overall performance.
“The superior flexibility, functionality and scalability of JDA solutions to address the main challenges in the supply chain are unmatched when you take into account their professionalism and vast experience in Latin America,” said Eduardo Arjona, chief information officer, Super San Francisco de Asís SA de CV. “JDA along with partner Ágora exceeded our needs for demand planning, replenishment and strategic pricing management, and made this challenging integration seamless on all fronts.”
JDA Demand and JDA Fulfillment work together to create an accurate view of demand and positions the right inventory across all channels while JDA Strategic Pricing delivers localized pricing strategies and forecasts reflecting real-time competitive positions and business strategies for Super San Francisco de Asís. JDA partner Ágora handled all technical aspects of the company’s deployment, providing implementation services throughout the duration of this project.
Since going live with JDA Demand and JDA Fulfillment, San Francisco de Asís has realized a plethora of benefits including:
- Decrease in out-of-stocks
- Reduced inventory
- Increase in inventory accuracy
- Strengthened replenishment capabilities
Overall, San Francisco de Asís has greater visibility of future flows in all nodes of the supply chain, while skillfully responding to demand fluctuations, seasonality and promotions with optimal pricing and promotional strategies for every product/location combination that they offer.
“We’re proud to partner with Super San Francisco de Asís as they harness JDA’s world class solutions to provide a superior customer experience to their shoppers, through increased visibility of customer demands,” said Antonio Boccalandro, president, Latin America, JDA. “JDA has had a direct presence in the Mexican market for more than 21 years, and it is a pleasure to put another leading company in the Mexican market on track to continue their growth with better tools to compete in this tough market.”
- Learn more about JDA Demand and JDA Fulfillment
- Check out this Intelligent Fulfillment Brochure
- Watch this video: 60 Second Supply Chain – Intelligent Fulfillment
About JDA Software, Inc.
JDA Software is the proven leader in artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)-driven supply chain and retail solutions for 4,000 of the world’s leading retail, manufacturing and logistics companies. JDA enables an Autonomous Supply ChainTM by connecting its cognitive SaaS solutions from end-to-end – across planning, execution and delivery – with a broad partner ecosystem, empowering customers to better predict and shape demand, transform their product delivery and deliver outstanding customer experiences. JDA’s world-class client brands include 75 of the top 100 retailers, 77 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 8 of the top 10 global 3PLs. Running JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
- TechRepublic: PS5 shortage: Supply chain disruptions affect gamers and developers alike
- KSAZ-TV (Phoenix Fox Affiliate): Arizona sees new opportunities as more businesses relocate to the state