Neighborhood Warehouse Grocery Store Smart & Final Turns to JDA to Fuel Transformational Growth
Smart & Final selects broad range of JDA merchandising and supply chain execution solutions to replace disparate systems, gaining profitability while ensuring customer satisfaction
Value-oriented food and everyday staples retailer Smart & Final’s mission is to nourish communities one neighborhood at a time, by providing the quality food and everyday staples they need at an affordable price. With hundreds of stores located across seven states, Smart & Final Stores, Inc. wants to build sustainable growth while exceeding customer expectations in every store. That’s why it has selected JDA Software Group, Inc. to deploy an integrated end-to-end merchandising, planning and execution solution to transform its supply chain processes for the age of “my way” retailing.
In business for over 145 years, Smart & Final Stores, Inc. is headquartered in Commerce (near Los Angeles), California. The Company offers quality products in a variety of sizes, saving household, nonprofit and business customers time and money. Smart & Final has stores under the “Smart & Final,” “Smart & Final Extra!” and “Cash&Carry Smart Foodservice” banners in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Nevada, Utah and Idaho, with an additional 15 stores in Northwestern Mexico operated through a joint venture.
“As the age of customer-centricity drives ever increasing expectations from consumers, everyone throughout Smart & Final is hyper attentive to the needs and wants of the consumer at all times. As we continue our growth, we established an approach to further advance our supply chain planning and merchandising processes, and turned to JDA to help us achieve this,” said Ed Wong, Senior Vice President of Supply Chain and Chief Information Officer, Smart & Final. “JDA knows our business and has longstanding expertise in the grocery industry, not to mention extensive omni-channel retail expertise, and we are looking forward to backing our business with an agile and intelligent supply chain platform.”
Smart & Final has selected a range of JDA solutions to replace its homegrown solutions and unlock sustainability for the growth plan of the business. Smart & Final will deploy capabilities from within the JDA Merchandise Planning & Assortment, JDA Demand Management, JDA Category Management, JDA Price & Promotions Management and JDA Commerce solution areas. This end-to-end deployment will enable Smart & Final to meet future demands of retail, adopt leading practices that improve inventory performance, and enable a customer-centric approach to responding to shopper expectations.
“Shopping behavior has become complex and meeting the omni-channel demands of the consumer requires an “always on” platform that is scalable to the speed of retail,” said Jim Prewitt, vice president, industry strategy, JDA. “Leveraging JDA solutions for promotions, demand and fulfillment will not only give Smart & Final a more accurate view into supply and demand, it will allow them to adapt to daily changes in demand signals and immediately re-align the supply needs.”
- Meet with JDA at RILA Supply Chain Conference 2017 to hear about JDA is digitally transforming the supply chain
- Meet with JDA at MURTEC 2017 to hear how JDA is empowering the restaurant workforce
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading provider of seamless supply chain planning and execution solutions for retailers, manufacturers, logistics providers and wholesale distributors. Our unmatched solution portfolio enables our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve visibility so they can deliver on customer promises every time. More than 4,000 global customers run JDA, including 73 of the top 100 retailers, 71 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 13 of the top 16 3PLs. With JDA, you can plan to deliver. blueyonder.com
JDA press releases: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=press
JDA news: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=news
JDA events: https://blueyonder.com/rss?feed=events
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software Group, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Logistics Hall of Fame: Prof. Dr. Michael Feindt to Be Honoured as TRATON Logistics Leader Of The Year 2021
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
Public Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Manager