JDA Launches ML-Powered Luminate Warehouse Tasking to Intelligently Optimize Tasks in Real-Time
Microsoft Azure-based tasking engine extends and enhances JDA Warehouse Management
Mounting supply chain service levels mean nonstop changes in staffing levels, inventory positioning, equipment and travel distances. That’s why JDA Software, Inc., has introduced machine learning (ML)-driven Luminate Warehouse Tasking, part of the JDA® Luminate™ Logistics family of solutions, which extends and enhances JDA® Warehouse Management and other warehouse management systems (WMS). This native SaaS add-on solution built on Microsoft Azure intelligently optimizes tasks in near real-time using powerful ML algorithms to improve efficiency across the warehouse, delivering more value to even the most complex global supply chains.
“Maintaining the highest level of efficiency and the lowest cost of operations is always a challenge in today’s fast-paced environment. Luminate Warehouse Tasking starts with the end in mind by determining what tasks are most important to the bottom line and escalates those over lesser priority tasks, bringing the power of ML to warehouse operations,” said Scott Zickert, group vice president, product management, JDA. “Luminate Warehouse Tasking is a powerful new capability that exemplifies the innovation being developed across the Luminate portfolio that extends and enhances JDA’s core solutions, preparing our customers for the transformative technologies that will make the Autonomous Supply Chain a reality.”
Luminate Warehouse Tasking solves the problem of peaks and valleys in labor utilization that come from traditional wave operations. JDA’s optimized tasking capabilities use ML algorithms to focus labor on priorities for timely shipments at reduced costs, even with aggressive service levels. Tasks are de-escalated and escalated and prioritized based on due date, starting with the end date in mind to meet more aggressive service level expectations while reducing costs. Optimized tasking also enables the labor force to be focused on the most important task at any given time helping customers maintain a loyal, skilled labor force in a competitive market.
Key capabilities in Luminate Warehouse Tasking include:
- Continuous, near real-time task optimization
- Task prioritization based on travel times, due times and real-time resource location
- Dynamic task prioritization based on due times and locations, reducing travel times between tasks
- Smart appointment scheduling, dock scheduling and yard management capabilities enable customers to deliver on time and in full
- Value through visualization: side-by-side comparison of current and optimized plan via dashboard
- Easy to pilot and seamlessly onboard accelerating time-to-value
- Ability to tie replenishments to picking offering a smooth and efficient workflow
Learn more about Luminate Warehouse Tasking here.
- JDA is hosting JDA ICON 2019 this week in Dallas, including a session on: Powering the autonomous warehouse: preparing proactively for the digital future
- Optimized Warehouse Tasking = Profitable Fulfillment; learn more
- Learn more about Luminate Warehouse Tasking
- Read the Luminate Warehouse Tasking solution sheet
- Check out the JDA Luminate portfolio
About JDA Software, Inc.
JDA Software is the proven leader in artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML)-driven supply chain and retail solutions for 4,000 of the world’s leading retail, manufacturing and logistics companies. JDA enables an Autonomous Supply ChainTM by connecting its cognitive SaaS solutions from end-to-end – across planning, execution and delivery – with a broad partner ecosystem, empowering customers to better predict and shape demand, transform their product delivery and deliver outstanding customer experiences. JDA’s world-class client brands include 75 of the top 100 retailers, 77 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 8 of the top 10 global 3PLs. Running JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
Statements regarding product performance should be considered a guideline based on certain use cases including product configuration, process design and customer set ups, which your JDA sales representative can discuss with you. JDA makes no commitment or otherwise warrants that the product will perform according to these statements.
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
- TechRepublic: PS5 shortage: Supply chain disruptions affect gamers and developers alike
- KSAZ-TV (Phoenix Fox Affiliate): Arizona sees new opportunities as more businesses relocate to the state