Alnatura Freshens Product Placements in Its Stores with Blue Yonder
DARMSTADT, Germany and SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Aug. 12, 2021 – For Alnatura, an organic supermarket chain based in Germany, meeting the local requirements for each of its stores was the key reason the company chose to implement Blue Yonder’s space & floor planning solution. The solution, which includes Blue Yonder’s Planogram Generator, allows Alnatura to build store-specific planograms aligned with consumer needs, which helps reduce unnecessary inventory.
Founded in 1984, Alnatura operates 139 supermarkets in 65 cities across Germany. The company offers 6,000 products in its stores, including over 1,300 different organic foods produced under the Alnatura brand sold both in its organic markets and in 12,700 trading partner branches across Europe. The grocer needed to drive more automation and increase efficiency for its stores, which each had different local shopper preferences and challenges with temporary stock-outs and space constraints. The company turned to its trusted supply chain provider, Blue Yonder, to address these challenges.
With Blue Yonder, Alnatura has been able to:
- Implement store specific planograms that consider the available space, and the local conditions, to ensure the right product on the right shelf at the right store, enabling a process to automatically add regional/local products where applicable, and decreasing out-of-stocks by 6%.
- Increase revenue by 4% in the fresh assortment resonating from store specific planograms and changes in the assortment.
- Empower category managers and space planners to work in collaboration – and with transparency – resulting in better store performance.
- Introduce a connected category review process to optimize store offerings and shelf executions. Shelf execution has increased by approximately 30%.
- Lower overstocks by approximately 29%, opening space in the backroom to allow for the addition of regional/local products.
“We chose Blue Yonder because customer centricity is a key driver for our daily operation and business. With this solution, we have now established a process to support the local needs of shoppers while improving our planogram planning efficiency and increasing store adoption of planograms by 30%. We look forward to further expanding our relationship with Blue Yonder in the future as we continue to transform our stores and operations,” said Manuel Canella, category manager, Alnatura.
Alnatura currently uses Blue Yonder’s category management solution for its stores and recently expanded the use of the solution to its wholesale business. Now, its B2B customers that sell Alnatura-branded products have the same space & floor planning and planogramming capabilities to strategically place Alnatura’s products in their stores.
Combined, Blue Yonder’s category management and space & floor planning solutions have allowed Alnatura to make more accurate space allocation decisions. By leveraging customer insights and robust analytics, the company can now maximize the productivity of available selling-space to drive revenue growth. Part of Blue Yonder’s Luminate™ Commerce portfolio, the solutions seamlessly integrate to planograms, streamlining the design and implementation of each store’s floor plan to maximize category space allocation and sales opportunities.
“Category management is the heart of all retail processes, so it was key for Alnatura to implement an integrated planogram solution that allowed each store to meet its unique, local needs,” said Johan Reventberg, EMEA president, Blue Yonder. “Now, Alnatura is able to build and maintain store-specific planograms to drive better efficiency for its planners and staff, as well as meet the changing needs of its customers.”
- Learn more about Blue Yonder’s Luminate Commerce solutions
About Blue Yonder
Blue Yonder is the world leader in digital supply chain and omni-channel commerce fulfillment. Our intelligent, end-to-end platform enables retailers, manufacturers and logistics providers to seamlessly predict, pivot and fulfill customer demand. With Blue Yonder, you can make more automated, profitable business decisions that deliver greater growth and re-imagined customer experiences. Blue Yonder – Fulfill your Potential™ blueyonder.com
“Blue Yonder” is a trademark or registered trademark of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “Blue Yonder” is a trademark and/or property of Blue Yonder Group, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the companies with which they are associated.
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
- TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
- Yahoo! News: Fight Inflation: Buy These 10 Items Now Before Prices Go Up
- Retail Today: 5 Trends Reshaping the Retail Landscape
- Forbes: The Scientific Principle: How Sure Can You Be About The Future?
- Retail TouchPoints: Blue Yonder Helps Retailers Manage Omnichannel Fulfillment Options
- Total Retail Tech Insights (Podcast): Make Supply Chain a Competitive Differentiator With Blue Yonder
- Forbes: Target Leakage And The Value Of Historicized Data
- Logistics Hall of Fame: Prof. Dr. Michael Feindt to Be Honoured as TRATON Logistics Leader Of The Year 2021
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations