Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
This contributed story by Terence Leung, Senior Product Marketing Director with Blue Yonder, originally appeared in Logistics Viewpoints on the April 15, 2021. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit LogisticsViewpoints.com.
Many companies were in the midst of digitally transforming their supply chain when the Convid-19 pandemic hits. During that time, with great volatility, many companies struggled to keep pace with increasing customer expectations around delivery on-time.
Some manufacturing, consumer brand, retail and logistics service companies made ambitious goals to delight customers through digital transformation but in some cases significantly eroded profit margins. Some organizations invested in solutions that offer little more than knee-jerk reactions, resulting in not-obvious improvement to the bottom-line or even net losses.
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoint: Making the Connection: The Real-World Value of Logistics Digitalization
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
- TechTarget: Data preparation in machine learning: 6 key steps
- Yahoo! News: Fight Inflation: Buy These 10 Items Now Before Prices Go Up
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations