Forbes: Why Data, Software And AI Are Key To Growth: A Q&A With Blue Yonder’s CFO
Story originally appeared in Forbes on Nov. 20, 2020. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit Forbes.com.
This month, I have been speaking with the CFOs of software companies to gain a better sense of how the finance function operates in this industry, as well as the benefits that these CFOs’ companies’ products offer to finance professionals across other sectors. For the second part of this series, I spoke with Sue Savage, CFO of Blue Yonder, whose software specializes in supply chain management, manufacturing planning, retail planning and operations. In addition to delving into Blue Yonder’s market position and how software is impacting the finance field, I also asked Savage about how increased automation has transformed the role of the finance professional, and what this has meant for her as it related to business strategy. I also asked about the challenges she has faced as a female CFO, and how these challenges serve as a catalyst for rethinking the way organizations operate.
In The News
- Diageo: Supporting Supply Chain Visibility in Volatile Times
- Diginomica: CEO Duncan Angove on Making Blue Yonder the ‘Category Killer’ for Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoint: Making the Connection: The Real-World Value of Logistics Digitalization
- Wall Street Journal: Stores Have Too Much Stuff. Here’s Where They’re Slashing Prices.
- Chain Store Age: CSA Exclusive: Walgreens opens inventory visibility
- Forbes: A Smarter Supply Chain: Could Hardware Accelerate Software Adoption In Retail?
- Forbes: Walgreens’ Digital Commerce Evolution
- Chain Store Age: Blue Yonder ICON offers insight from Walmart, Forrester
- Logistics Viewpoints: Five Advanced Technologies That Are Revolutionizing Logistics
- Logistics Viewpoints: Mastering Profitable Omni-Channel Logistics, Despite Disruptions
Media Relations Inquiries
Marina Renneke, APR
Corporate Communications Director
Analyst Relations Inquiries
Senior Director, Global Analyst Relations