diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
Story originally appeared in the diginomica on the April 29, 2021. Excerpts from the story below. To see the full story visit diginomica.com.
Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi tells diginomica that his company will continue operating under its own name beneath Panasonic’s umbrella. Both companies see a strong – if to outside observers unexpected – fit, as the IoT and edge services spread and supply chains become smarter, both locally and globally.
The dance began with an exploratory partnership in January 2019, when Panasonic was a JDA Software customer, followed by a joint venture in Japan that Spring. Panasonic then announced it would take a minority stake and a seat on what was now Blue Yonder’s board in May 2020, completing the move last July.
Rishi fills in the blanks of the story and says: Three years ago, Panasonic had decided to upgrade their supply chain capabilities in one division, and our team worked with them to lay out what that evolution looked like. They became our customer, their management team met here with us and we talked partnership.
In The News
- Supply Chain Dive: Vaccine mandate adds another wrinkle to warehouse, distribution hiring crunch
- Forbes: A Single Source Of Truth: Why Data Centralization And AI Predictions Should Represent One Business Strategy
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain