Coca-Cola FEMSA Completes Two-Year Supply Chain Transformation Journey with JDA
The leading Mexican multinational beverage company deploys broad scope of JDA supply chain planning and transportation management solutions through 95 production lines in Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil and Central America
Coca-Cola FEMSA is the largest franchise bottler of Coca-Cola in the world, and it operates 67 manufacturing plants and 344 distribution centers, serving more than 2.8 million points of sale. Over the past two years, Coca-Cola FEMSA has executed its supply chain transformation journey with JDA Software, Inc., deploying a wide range of JDA’s supply chain solutions to increase profitability and maximize its process and cost efficiencies through its end-to-end supply chain.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, is a multinational beverage company based in Mexico City, and one of the three subsidiaries from FEMSA (FEMSA is a Mexican holding company) with annual revenues of $10.2 billion, while FEMSA has $23.3 billion annual revenues. Coca-Cola FEMSA has operations in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala and Uruguay.
Coca-Cola FEMSA began its supply chain strategy transformation two years ago, in order to develop superior supply chain capabilities improving customer service, increasing profitability, and enabling Coca-Cola FEMSA’s commercial digital strategy. During the project, Coca-Cola FEMSA deployed a variety of JDA solutions through 95 production lines including JDA Supply Chain Strategist, JDA Inventory Optimization, JDA Enterprise Supply Planning, JDA Sequencing, JDA Transportation Management and JDA Transportation Modeler. The roll-out took place between March 2017 and July 2018 in Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil and Central America. A single integrated planning and distribution system encompassing optimal operational network generation, master planning, procurement planning, factory scheduling, distribution planning requirements, transportation execution planning, generates huge value for Coca-Cola FEMSA and boosts profitability. In addition, Coca-Cola FEMSA can now conduct procurement planning and cost optimized planning which reduces inventory levels and costs overall.
Coca-Cola FEMSA deployed a unique implementation approach where its operational network is generated by JDA Supply Chain Strategist and seamlessly integrated with JDA’s downstream execution solutions combining supply chain planning and transportation processes. As a result, Coca-Cola FEMSA has the ability to plan its shipments in all 344 distribution centers with hourly tracking, this enables the company to archive clients promises on time and in full.
“Continuous supply chain planning and down to-the-hour transportation visibility is no longer a nice-to-have, but a must for global organizations that must execute shipments to hundreds of thousands of customers around the world,” said Antonio Boccalandro, president, Latin America, JDA. “Coca-Cola FEMSA has a truly impressive JDA footprint and supply chain strategy that has already reaped tremendous value and we look forward to supporting their efforts now and in the future.”
- Learn how JDA Transportation Management offers enhanced agility and performance
- Drive supply chain agility and profitability with JDA Enterprise Supply Planning
- Access a copy of JDA’s Digital Supply Chain for Dummies e-book!
About JDA Software, Inc.
JDA Software is the leading supply chain software provider powering today’s digital transformations. We help companies optimize delivery to customers by enabling them to predict and shape demand, fulfill faster and more intelligently, and improve customer experiences and loyalty. More than 4,000 global customers use our unmatched end-to-end software and SaaS solutions to unify and shorten their supply chains, increase speed of execution, and profitably deliver to their customers. Our world-class client roster includes 75 of the top 100 retailers, 77 of the top 100 consumer goods companies, and 8 of the top 10 global 3PLs. Running JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
- TechRepublic: PS5 shortage: Supply chain disruptions affect gamers and developers alike
- KSAZ-TV (Phoenix Fox Affiliate): Arizona sees new opportunities as more businesses relocate to the state