Almacenes Vidri Embarks on Successful Retail Supply Chain Strategy with JDA
Leading Salvadorian retailer sees swift time-to-value across inventory and out-of-stock reduction, and a substantial increase in forecast accuracy and planner efficiency with JDA Advanced Store Replenishment and Warehouse solutions
Almacenes Vidrí, a hardware retail chain based in El Salvador, has successfully deployed JDA® Advanced Store Replenishment and JDA® Advanced Warehouse Replenishment solutions from JDA Software, Inc., as part of its retail supply chain strategy to increase profitability and maximize store associate productivity while driving cost efficiencies.
Almacenes Vidrí is a hardware store founded in 1917. It has 16 branches in San Salvador and throughout the country, and five branches in Guatemala. In order to meet the needs, tastes and preferences of its customers, it has segmented its branches according to the demand of each market close to its location, in two main types: self-service or ‘home-centers’ and industrial or counter type. Its wide universe of products is classified in 22 departments: electrical, lighting and ventilation, audio video and networks, plumbing, bathrooms, painting, locks, hardware, screws, building materials, power tools, hand tools, appliances, home, outdoors, cleaning, pumps and heaters, industrial, refrigeration, automotive, gardening and garden machinery.
Last year, Almacenes Vidrí embarked on a strategy to replace its homegrown solutions with a more sophisticated, digitalized approach to drive efficiencies across its stores, better match individual store demand to supply, eliminating out-of-stock scenarios, and increasing forecast accuracy to improve inventory levels company-wide. Almacenes Vidrí deployed JDA Advanced Warehouse Replenishment and JDA Advanced Store Replenishment with the help of partner Agora Europe for professional services support.
“We chose JDA because we needed a more sophisticated, integrated replenishment strategy for our stores and distribution centers and the results speak for themselves,” said Miguel Maestre, operations manager, Almacenes Vidrí. “We are very pleased at the impressive time to value we’ve seen so far and the boost in customer satisfaction is significant.”
Since deploying JDA, Almacenes Vidrí has realized impressive results, including:
- A 25-30% reduction in inventory through improved visibility and reduced need for safety stock
- Up to 30% reduction in obsolete inventory through better demand/supply matching
- Up to 5% reduction in out-of-stocks through improved demand forecasting and inventory management
- Up to 40 base point improvement in margins through reduced markdowns and improved product mix
- Up to 45% increase in forecast accuracy through enhanced algorithms, demand shaping and multi-level forecasting
- An estimated 20-40% increase in planner efficiency through automation and systemic decision-making
“We’re pleased to see such significant results already for Almacenes Vidrí in their quest to better align shopper demand with on-hand supply,” said Antonio Boccalandro, president, Latin America, JDA. “Now, they can focus on supporting their customers’ requests and ensuring a superior customer experience every time a customer walks through the doors at any of its stores.”
- Learn more about JDA Advanced Store Replenishment – Optimized Inventory Management at the Store Level
- Learn more about JDA Advanced Warehouse Replenishment solutions
About JDA Software, Inc.
JDA Software provides the leading AI-driven supply chain management (SCM) platform. Our end-to-end solutions span supply chain and retail planning, execution, delivery and workforce management. Our mission is to empower companies to better predict, make and deliver exactly what their customers want – when, where and how they want it. We power free-flowing, connected global commerce – without wasted materials, energy, costs or time – to accelerate economic growth, sustainability and prosperity. JDA delivers a more Autonomous Supply ChainTM for 4,000 of the world’s leading companies including 75 of the top 100 retailers, 77 of the top 100 consumer goods companies and 8 of the top 10 global 3PLs. Running JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.
JDA Software, Inc.
15059 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 400
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
In The News
- Logistics Viewpoints: Profitably Delivering eCommerce with Consumer-Centric Priorities
- Forbes: Building Software Applications Is Not Like Lego Bricks
- Forbes: Colleagues Over Competitors: Data Scientists Need To Retain Their Academic Instinct In The Corporate World
- diginomica: Panasonic buys Blue Yonder – the CEO’s inside story
- Phoenix Business Journal: Behind the deal: Blue Yonder CEO Girish Rishi talks Panasonic acquisition and the road ahead
- Automotive News: Blue Yonder CEO on supply chain trends and what’s next
- Retail Systems Research: Panasonic And Blue Yonder: Going All-In On The Automated Supply Chain
- Logistics Viewpoints: Building Profitability with Agility while Digitally Transforming the Supply Chain
- TechRepublic: PS5 shortage: Supply chain disruptions affect gamers and developers alike
- KSAZ-TV (Phoenix Fox Affiliate): Arizona sees new opportunities as more businesses relocate to the state